Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Sickness reminds us to take care of our self.

For sharing.

Again, I felt the nudge from God in the form of my stomach ulcer.  

My dear Ed Mateo
, self-care is important.


You mean time for myself, Mommy N?


Yes. Exactly!

These are activities outside of work that contribute to better performance at work.

Self-Care Is a Leadership Discipline

To me, self-care is eating a low carb diet, getting at least 8 hours of sleep, doing moderate exercise in the morning, connecting with people I love, taking time out to reflect and to meditate, helping someone grow, and listing down things I am grateful for each day in my gratitude journal.

The bigger our vision is, the more we have to focus on self-care.

I have since integrated self-care into my everyday routine last week. And, I’d like to share with you these two benefits I have been enjoying:

Benefit #1: Self-care gave me more energy. It is amazing how much energy I get just by investing time to do all the above.

Benefit #2: Self-care gave me an edge. Getting more sleep and eating healthy have removed my brain-fog and has kept my brain as alert as I was in my prime - in my 30’s.

Because of self-care, I am now a more effective leader for my teammates in each of our businesses.

This is one of the things that helped me and I am sure it will help you, too.  It will let you know where you are exactly on self-care. You can also get Michael Hyatt's The Busy Leader’s Self-Care Handbook for free.


I wish that you enjoy the benefits of putting yourself first.

Talk soon!

Your Negosyo Mom,

Myrna "Mommy N" Tam-Natividad

No comments: