Sunday, July 31, 2022

FVR

 In the coming days and weeks, many will share stories about Former President Fidel V. Ramos.

Allow me to share my anecdote about how I knew the former President.

FVR was one of my Ninongs when I got married in 1994. 

My Dad chose him to be a Ninong. I remember telling my Dad that I would only agree for him to be Ninong, if he attends both the church ceremony and the wedding reception. 

Little did I know that my Dad extended my message to FVR🙈

Imagine my embarrassment when he assured me, while having our picture taken at the church, that he would attend our reception. He shared that he cannot always be present at receptions because of his busy schedule. But in our case, he made an exception. And not only did he attend but he stayed as well.

This episode  affirmed that President Ramos was always a gentleman and an officer. He was a patriot that always believed in the Filipino, as a member of the international community. 

May his soul rest in peace, and let perpetual light shine upon him🙏🏻

No comments: