Friday, August 26, 2022

Pahinga naman.

 I ALWAYS FEEL GUILTY ABOUT RESTING.


Kasi feeling ko kapag nagpahinga ako. Hindi ako productive. And if hindi ako productive, wala akong results, wala akong kikitain, wala akong mapoprovide for my family.


But last wekeend, I assess my feelings. Bakit nga ba marami satin takot na takot tayong magpahinga?


And for me, my answer is, because if I rest and not do the things that make me productive, I will not be enough.


You see. If provider ka for your family or if you have been a people pleaser, you are growing up attaching your value to the level of your productivity.


Kaya you always work. Kasi feeling mo kapag nagpahinga ka, you will fail the people depending and expecting from you.


Hanggang sa maburn out ka.

Hanggang sa maubos ka.


Kaya last weekend I deliberately choose not to take any work related messages.


I even told my clients and my mentees "magpapapuno muna ako ng love tank so I can better serve you all"


Hindi pa rin ako sanay. In fact, until this morning I feel I'm failing because I'm resting.


But no! I need to rest because this is the most loving act I can give to myself and to my family and to the people around me.


If I rest, I can do more.


If I rest, I can serve more.


If I rest, I can love more.


To you who's reading this: 


May you find some time to rest today.


Whether it's a 30min walk outside your house.

Or kaya manuod ka ng YouTube or Netflix.

Or just sleep the entire day.


Magpapatuloy ang mundo, oo, pero hindi ibig sabihin ay hindi ka na pwedeng huminto at magpahinga.


Find some time to rest today. 


And if you do, I hope you find your rest in God.


Yours truly,

Charie G

No comments: