Thursday, December 17, 2020

Cont Palayan Mayor

 Interview Highlights on relationship with family and God during "The Boy Abunda Interview Specials" --

1. As a daughter…

- "Well, I was born in Gapan Nueva Ecija, May 6, 1969, I'm the eldest amongst 3 siblings, 2 boys ang mga kapatid ko, and then we left Gapan when I was about 6 years old, so when we left she's [Mother] in Germany I think back then, as a Nurse, she was there for 3 years straight, and then she went back [here in Philippines], and then she left again for work sa Saudi Arabia as a Nurse again."

- (On father) "Strict, kasi hindi ako pwedeng magwork as student, talagang pinipilit ko lang siyang magsummer job ako"

- "I wanted to explore, hindi niya ko pinapayagan mag cheerleader, although nagawan ko ng paraan na mag cheerleader ako."

- "Ang memory ko sa kaniya [father] is he tags me along when I was a little sa office niya, and I get to know yung colleagues niya,  and then he brings me to lunch, that’s my fondest memories of him."

- (To parents) "I'd like to thank them very much kasi kumabaga hindi naman parang, hindi naman nila ako pinabayaan, tapos thank you so much for the genes, kasi yung stubbornness ko, yung focus ko, yung heart ko, I got it from them and now I'm passing it to my kids, kaya salamat salamat talaga sa mga magulang ko dahil otherwise hindi siguro ako magiging successful if not for them."

- (To father) “I'm thanking him I'm so glad that I was able to take care of him. Kasi I was in the States when he had heart attack the first time around, parang doon nag-flash back na parang kulang yung time namin together kaya umiyak talaga ako noon pero good thing medyo mature na 'ko when he moved on. Hindi na kasing hirap." 


2. As a mother...

- "I'm the person who wants everything for my kids. I don’t want them to go hungry that’s why I give them allowance, the best school, and spoil them in a way but strict also in many aspects, sa time when they come home because I fear for them."

- (To children) “When they need me, I'm there all the time." 

- "I'm so happy with my son, kasi he left London, for the reason na...sabi niya ‘I never realized mom and dad are getting old so I wanna go home and be there for them’."

- "I'm so happy na yung outlook ng son ko is for him to take care of us".

- (On son’s coming out as gay) "When he opened up, hindi na siya nasa bathroom all the time, nasa hallway na, normal na normal na siya."

- "I'm sweet pero matapang."

- "[My daughter] Viandrei, I can see myself in her, parang nasa kaniya yung people person." 


3. As a wife...

- "In the beginning I’m really taking good care of Sir Bong, kaya lang when I became the Mayor, talagang pinag sisilbihan ko siya before pero ngayon my husband has to make his own coffee in the morning.”

- "Ang kagandahan sa kaniya very understanding si Sir Bong, I call him Sir Bong kasi."

- (On relationship) "I think we're equal."

- “Ang kagalingan sa husband ko, masyado siyang nakatutok sa akin up to now. Hanggang ngayon at my age nakabakod siya sa akin.”

- (The love language) “At the end of the day, nasa bed kami. Nagti-tickle, nagkakagatan, kinakagat ko yung tainga niya. Oo, nang-iinis siya, ahh nakahiga na'ko, sumampa na ako and I ask him, 'May kailangan ka pa Dad?' And then 'Wala na', sasampa na ako sa bed and yet paglalaruan ka niya ‘Babes kuha mo'ko ng coffee’, ‘Babes kuha mo ako ng water’, ‘Kuha mo ako ng meds’, ganun ganun....Paglalaruan ka lang, so everynight mayroon kaming ritual."

- "In the morning, he make sure either matawagan ako or yung malaman niya kung nasaan kami, tinatawagan niya yung driver ko kung I'm in the meeting already" so ayun namomonitor niya wherever. Hindi ko kailangan ng GPS, alam niya where I am".

- "With his [Sir Bong] help, nadedevelop talaga ako. He helps me be who I am at the moment. We wouldn't sit here kung hindi dahil sa kanya, so anlaki-laking bagay na ginawa niya for myself, who I am at the moment, yung pagiging nanay ko sa mga anak ko, anlaki-laki ng tulong niya."

- "Sa pagiging nanay siguro alam niya na I would know better."

- "We still hold hands whenever we walk, we still hug a lot of time and say I love you, kiss, play, call, video call every night, every day, twice a day as much as possible."


4. As a child of God...

- "Everything I offer to God, lahat talaga we give out to people, because I ask the Lord for the safety of my kids, and nakasupport kami sa church, we are building yung aming church."

- "Everytime I give hindi ko tinatanong yung religion, because, oo nga't iba iba kami ng religion but we have one God."

- "Ang fear ko sa totoo, to be honest, hindi sa akin eh, sa husband ko ayokong mawala siya, while I'm still alive, gusto ko mas mauna ko sa kaniya. Ayokong gumising one day wala na yung asawa ko. Di ko kaya."

- (To God) "Through His assistance marami akong nagawa, for many people for my family but what I would like to relay to him is thank you for giving me a good life and my kids a good life.”

- “Magpapasalamat ako kasi, imbis na ako yung naghihirap ako yung tumutulong sa mahihirap."

- "Sabi nga ng lola ko sa akin, because you keep sharing you keep giving, 10 times fold ang babalik sa'yo."


"I never thought of myself as somebody special. I'm just pretty normal person doing my job in an extraordinary way."

No comments: