Friday, July 16, 2021

How I feel Sha.

 Happy Friday,


I'm writing this in our home, right in the middle of the farm... in our province.

I can hear the chickens and the goats in the background.

In front of me is a beautiful, clear, blue sky, and an open field overlooking a river.

Around me are lush mango trees planted by my parents almost two decades ago.

I'll be here in the province for about a month.


How are you?

My goal is to send you an inspirational email every Tuesday.

It's Friday today, so I am 3 days late. Hehe!

I've been enjoying spending time with my family here in the province.

The 14-hour drive from Manila to the province was so worth it!

I cooked dinner for the family last Wednesday and everyone loved it.

My little brother Kyle requested I cook the same dish again, which I did last night! :)

Though travel restrictions have been lifted and RT PCR is not required, my brother and I subjected ourselves to RT PCR tests to protect our family and our townmates and for our peace of mind as well.


Thank God we tested negative! :)


I want to talk about starting anew.

Is there a new passion project you want to start?

Maybe you want to become a speaker.

Or you want to write a book.

Or you want to start a business.

Or you want to end a toxic relationship and start fresh.

Or you want to confess your feelings to the one you love and court her.

Or you want to become a singer.

Do you feel like you're starting from square one?

That's exactly how I feel right now.

I feel like I'm back to square one when it comes to my three passion projects -- VLOGGING, SINGING, and PLAYING THE PIANO.


I feel like a kid again who gets so excited to make YouTube vlogs, sing, and play the piano!!!

I'm a beginner in these 3 areas.

There are a lot of things I don't know yet... and that's what makes the journey soooooo FUN and EXCITING!!!

I love to LEARN!

I love to experiment. I love to grow!

To be honest, I've been putting in a lot of time, energy, and money into these 3 new passion projects of mine.


I don't even have a business model yet on how to make money from these.

All I know is that I'm having so much FUN doing these and I also know I'madding value to people (at least for my YouTube vlogs, Hehe!)

While I was reflecting this morning, I realized, "OMG! I'm in the right place. My heart is in the right place!"

This was exactly how I started as an author and a speaker.

I wrote books because I loved to write books.

I gave talks because I felt so alive when I give talks. (In my first 3 years as a speaker, I gave talks pro bono!)


I did these things because I LOVED doing them, I had so much FUN doing them, and because I wanted to SERVE and give VALUE.


I wasn't chasing money. Money was not my motivation. (Money can be good but it is a bad motivator).


My guiding principle then from my mentor Bro. Bo Sanchez was, Serve first, money will follow.


Indeed, money followed. More than I could ever imagine! (Thank You for Your generosity and provision, God!)


Today, I've written and published 15 books.

I and my team have helped over 100 first-time authors write and publish their books through my signature online course The 90-Day Book Writing Challenge.

I've spoken all over the Philippines and I've been invited to speak in person to countries like Singapore, Malaysia, HongKong, India, the Maldives, USA, UAE, etc.


My business is doing really well.

It's running almost on auto-pilot because of the team and systems in place.

Which is why I can afford to spend a huge chunk of my time and energy in my 3 new passion projects!

If you feel like you're back to square one in a certain aspect of your life, CONGRATULATIONS!!!


It's always fun to look forward to doing something new!


My little suggestion would be to do it for the love of it, not for money.


Have the right intentions.


Don't chase money. Don't make money your motivator either.


Tweaking what my mentor Bro. Bo said and adding my own version,


"Pursue fun, serve first, and money will follow!"


Excited for you! :)


We published a new vlog in my YouTube channel.


The video is about The Power of Belief in the context of my journey as a singer (Naks!🤩)


I used to be tone deaf and I couldn't carry a tune.


When one person believed in me and told me I have a beautiful voice,


suddenly, I could hear the notes. Suddenly, I was no longer tone deaf!


If you self doubts about a particular area in your life, watch this video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-g7V-JA6Y&t=70s


God gave you everything you need to succeed and be happy.


Believe in yourself!


 


Hope my latest YouTube vlog will inspire you to believe in yourself and to be brave.


 You can watch it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-g7V-JA6Y&t=70s


You got this! :)


 


 


I wish you love, joy, and peace today and everyday!


 


 


Cheers,


Sha


P.S. When you start a passion project, so many people will have their opinions. Some helpful, some destructive. You have to choose who you will listen to. Choose to listen to the one who believes in you. Let other people's opinion of you go in one ear and out the other.


 


When I started singing again, I made a decision that at the end of the day, the only opinion that would matter to me when it comes to singing is my coach's. :)


 


Here's the vlog again! In the YouTube comments, please share what is that one belief you would like to embody.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol-g7V-JA6Y&t=70s

No comments: