Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Alone again naturally.

 Alone Again

Song by Gilbert O'Sullivan

Main Results

In a little while from nowIf I'm not feeling any less sourI promise myself to treat myselfAnd visit a nearby towerAnd climbing to the topWill throw myself offIn an effort toMake it clear to whoeverWants to know what it's like when you're shattered
Left standing in the lurch at a churchWere people saying, My God, that's toughShe stood him upNo point in us remainingWe may as well go homeAs I did on my ownAlone again, naturally
To think that only yesterdayI was cheerful, bright and gayLooking forward to who wouldn't doThe role I was about to playBut as if to knock me downReality came aroundAnd without so much as a mere touchCut me into little pieces
Leaving me to doubtTalk about, God in His mercyOh, if he really does existWhy did he desert meIn my hour of needI truly am indeedAlone again, naturally
It seems to me thatThere are more hearts broken in the worldThat can't be mendedLeft unattendedWhat do we doWhat do we do
Alone again, naturally
Looking back over the yearsAnd whatever else that appearsI remember I cried when my father diedNever wishing to hide the tearsAnd at sixty-five years oldMy mother, God rest her soulCouldn't understand why the only manShe had ever loved had been takenLeaving her to startWith a heart so badly brokenDespite encouragement from meNo words were ever spokenAnd when she passed awayI cried and cried all dayAlone again, naturallyAlone again, naturally

No comments: