Sunday, November 12, 2023

My father once said.

 My father once said,


"If they hurt you, forgive them, but, don't ever forget what they have done to you". 


And it has always been a reminder to me everytime I meet someone and know them. But sometimes, it gets tiring. It's frustrating when you show them kindness but only get pain in return. It's sad when you admire them for who they are, but they're busy backstabbing you. 


So one time, I asked my father,


"Father, do they deserve my forgiveness?"


He smiled and closed the newspaper he was reading. It has been part of his morning routine-- checking the mail box for something to read.


"Child, everyone deserves to be forgiven. If they did it once, they deserve it. If they did it twice, give them another chance. But, if they did it thrice, then that forgiveness and chance shall be given to yourself".


I had a huge invisible question mark on my face and my eyes screamed confusion. My father noticed it and laughed at me. He then gave me a candy and clasped both of my hands.


"Forgive yourself for believing in them only to get disappointed. Forgive yourself for trusting too much. Forgive yourself for risking another chance for you thought it's for the better. And honey, give yourself a chance to be free. Free from hatred and revenge, and, freedom from your past".


The next morning, I saw him in front of my mother, crying. He was betrayed by his friend of ten years. And when I asked him if he now hates his buddy, he only smiled and shook his head.


"My heart don't have a space for hatred. I don't deserve to suffer from it. I have forgiven him, but, it doesn't mean I have forgotten what he did. So the next time he will see me smiling despite of what had happened, he will know by then who suffered more between us two".


Wiping his tears with his favorite handkerchief, which I gave to him as a birthday present, he added,


"You know what's the best thing to give to someone who hurt you? It's for them to see you living a better life after what they did to you. Honey, we only live once, so you don't need to waste time for people who once left a scar in your heart. Let them see what they have lost. Let them know how they helped you in a good way" 


And there I realized, if it wasn't for his words, I guess until now, I am still haunted by things that weren't my fault at all.


Please follow my page for more inspirational quotes and words of wisdom.


Thank you & Love to all, 


#JourneyofLife

#SharingisCaring

#lifeisaJourney

#lifeisnotaDestination

#DifferentStoryofLife

#BeKind #SpreadLove

#KeeptheFaith

#BeGratefulnBlessed


#ctto

No comments: