My Four-Year Journey — From Darkness to Hope
For four years, I lived with uncertainty. What began in March 2022 as blurred vision became a long and difficult journey of consultations, treatments, surgeries, injections, hospital visits, and unanswered questions.
My doctors initially investigated possible infectious and inflammatory causes. The treatments were challenging, OP and I eventually developed glaucoma and a cataract in my left eye, requiring several surgeries. Each procedure brought hope, but also the fear that the problem might return.
In 2024, the inflammation, blurred vision, and floaters came back. Determined to find answers, my family and I sought another opinion in Singapore. There, I was diagnosed with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma involving the eyes.
I returned to the Philippines and underwent extensive testing before beginning R-CHOP chemotherapy. Just before my fifth cycle, I suffered a seizure at home and was rushed to the hospital. An MRI revealed a large intracranial mass, showing that the cancer had reached my central nervous system.
It was one of the most frightening moments of my life, but I knew I had to keep moving forward. I underwent eight sessions of R-MVP chemotherapy for primary central nervous system lymphoma, completing treatment in April 2025. In May 2025, I underwent stem cell therapy, followed by additional intravitreal methotrexate treatments in both eyes.
Throughout this long and costly treatment journey, I am deeply grateful that the expenses were covered by my AXA Global Health Access (GHA) insurance. This support provided tremendous relief to my family and allowed me to focus on my treatment, recovery, and healing without the additional burden of worrying about the financial cost of my care.
The journey was exhausting and frightening. There were days when I felt weak, discouraged, and uncertain about the future. But I was never alone.
My wife, Peachy, stood beside me through every difficult moment. She remained strong when I had little strength of my own and comforted me whenever fear became overwhelming.
To my children, Keisha, Yman, and Gaby, thank you for giving me countless reasons to keep fighting. Your love reminded me that there was still so much life ahead. To Mommy Lita, thank you for your prayers, love, and unwavering support.
I am deeply grateful to my doctors and medical teams from Makati Medical Center, Manila Doctors Hospital, and Asian Hospital Medical Center for their expertise, dedication, patience, and compassionate care. To my caregiver, Ivan, thank you for staying with me through the treatments, hospital stays, difficult days, and every challenge along the way.
Above all, I thank our Lord for giving me the strength, courage, and provision to endure what I once thought I could never overcome. I learned
that faith does not mean we are never afraid. It means taking the next step despite fear and trusting God to provide the strength to continue.
that faith does not mean we are never afraid. It means taking the next step despite fear and trusting God to provide the strength to continue.
Today, my latest MRI shows that the intracranial mass has resolved, and my PET scan is clear. I continue to recover from the effects of the illness, including weakness on my left side, through physical and occupational therapy.
The road to full recovery is still long, but I am grateful for every improvement and every new day. I am a survivor, a fighter, and a living testimony of God’s grace.
The storm tested me, but it did not defeat me. By God’s grace, I survived, and I am moving forward with courage, gratitude, and hope. The best chapters of my life are still waiting to be written. ❤️🙏



No comments:
Post a Comment