Thursday, March 21, 2024

Safety first.

Today, my assistant wheeled me to the roofdeck so I can watch the sunset. The clouds, the sky, and the sunset were glorious. I’m so grateful I got to sit down in silence for a good 45 minutes to watch the sunset. #simplejoys

For someone like me who loves to walk and complete 7,500 steps a day, having my foot on cast for 6-8 weeks is very challenging. So many adjustments needed to be made: rescheduling of my training, teaching classes at the Asian Institute of Management, and travels, among others.

I can’t help but think about how important it is for engineers, architects, and property developers to design buildings and walkways that are safe for everyone. I tripped on a walkway that had an unforeseen step. The building engineer admitted that their walkway was indeed hazardous.

While I choose not to disclose this huge reputable company’s name, this incident highlights a broader issue. It’s a call to engineers, architects, and developers to balance aesthetic appeal with the fundamental need for safety in their designs.

CROWDSOURCING: To those in positions of influence within the property industry, I pose this question: If a hazardous design in your property led to injury, how would you extend support to the affected individual?

#safetyfirst #responsibledesign

No comments: