Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Everything I Own by Bread 1972

You sheltered me from harmKept me warm, kept me warmYou gave my life to meSet me free, set me freeThe finest years I ever knewWere all the years I had with you
And I would give anything I ownI'd give up my life, my heart, my homeI would give everything I ownJust to have you back again
You taught me how to loveWhat it's of, what it's ofYou never said too muchBut still you showed the wayAnd I knew from watching you
Nobody else could ever knowThe part of me that can't let go
And I would give anything I ownI'd give up my life, my heart, my homeI would give everything I ownJust to have you back again
Is there someone you knowYour loving them soBut taking them all for granted?You may lose them one daySomeone takes them awayAnd they don't hear the words you long to say
I would give anything I ownI'd give up my life, my heart, my homeI would give everything I ownJust to have you back againJust to touch you once again.

No comments: