Thursday, July 30, 2026

Bakit ako nagka cancer? "Lord, what do You want me to do next?"

Bakit ako nagka-cancer? May ginawa ba akong mali?

Ang daming "what ifs."

May history kami ng cancer sa family. My maternal grandmother had breast cancer, and she fought it bravely. Ang ginawa ko naman, I breastfed my children for a total of 11 years because I knew breastfeeding could help lower the risk of breast cancer.

So when I was diagnosed, I couldn't understand it.

I searched online for answers. I read article after article, hoping I'd find that one explanation that would finally make everything make sense.

But eventually, I got tired.

Kasi kahit malaman ko pa ang exact reason, hindi na mababago ang nangyari.

Doon nagbago ang perspective ko.

The question was no longer, "Why did I get cancer?"

The question became, "What should I do next?"

Ito ang mga ginawa ko, at sana makatulong din ito sa iba na same journey as mine.

1. Find doctors you trust.
Maghanap ng doctors na hindi lang magaling, kundi marunong ding makinig at magpaliwanag. Your medical team will become one of your biggest support systems.

2. Understand your diagnosis.
Ask about your cancer type, stage, prognosis, and treatment options. Walang maling tanong kapag buhay at kalusugan mo ang pinag-uusapan.

3. Know your treatment options.
Listen carefully. Ask about the benefits, possible side effects, and why a certain treatment is being recommended. The more you understand, the more confident you'll feel in your decisions.

4. Pray for wisdom and guidance.
There were many decisions I had to make. Hindi ko kayang mag-isa. I prayed that God would give me wisdom, peace, and the courage to take one step at a time.

5. Trust the process.
Once you've made your decision together with your doctors, trust the treatment plan. There will be difficult days, but every chemo, every procedure, every follow-up is one step closer to healing.

Hindi ko pa rin alam kung bakit ako nagka-cancer.
At tanggap ko na baka hindi ko na rin iyon masagot.

But today, I know this:
Instead of asking, "Why me?" I chose to ask, "Lord, what do You want me to do next?"

That question changed everything.
One step. One treatment. One day at a time.

And by God's grace, healing became my focus instead of fear.

#breastcancer #BreastCancerAwareness #BreastCancerWarrior #thebravemom



No comments: