Thursday, April 22, 2021

Rush

 DO YOU ALWAYS “RUSH”?


Before I got sick, I used to do Marathons.

When?

I always run between midnight until 6am, beneath my warm comforter, while in my REM state.

In other words, I run in my dreams. 😂

Correction: My nightmares.😎😎😎

Sorry, I don’t have a single athletic bone to my body.


But even if I wasn’t into sports, I took 10,000 steps a day.   

That was easy.

Even for a lazy goat like me.


But now that I’m recovering from Covid, I can only take 3000+ steps a day.

And I walk very SLOWLY.

I move like a 96-year Lolo with arthritis.

If not, I lose my breath.


ARE YOU LIKE ME?

Even if I didn’t run, I rush, rush, rush.

Because I love my work.

So I love rushing.

I love the adrenalin high of writing essays, making videos, crafting, leading projects...  

I love pushing myself to the edge of what’s possible.


I LOVE PASSION.

I don’t need drugs.

My inner passion is all I needed to get high.

Every single morning, I wake up like a nuclear-powered rocket ready to launch and shoot to the moon.


And then Covid hit me like a boulder falling from the sky.

And in one single snap, I couldn’t rush. 

Period.

I had to do everything slowly.

For crying out loud, I even have to breath “intentionally”

One deep breath at a time.


But that’s when I realized something.

In my inner most spirit, I feel God was teaching me a new way to live.

Every morning, when I prayed in my “Surrendered Place”, I notice that time did not exist.

Every time I allowed God to embrace me, the last thing I wanted to do was rush.

All I wanted to do was stay.

To sit.

To savor.

To linger.

To taste.


SPEAKING OF TASTE...

I’ve banished multi-tasking from my life.

When I eat, I focus on eating.

I don’t use my phone.

As I chew my food many times, I close my eyes and savor its pleasures.

Even if Covid has muted my taste buds, I feel I’m eating the most delicious food in the world.

Because in the past, I was too distracted to enjoy it.

But today, even if my plate only has rice and veggies, I kept telling my wife again and again, “Whenever I eat, I feel like a King!”


MOST OF ALL, I ENJOY PEOPLE!

When I talk to someone (at home), I also put my phone down.

I listen.  I love.  And I enjoy the gift of that person in front of me.   

Inwardly, I cry tears of gratitude that I can be with this person.

(Sorry, Covid has made me mushy.)


FRIEND, GO NOW TO YOUR SURRENDERED PLACE.

Surrender all your worries.

All your fears.

All your dreams.

All your “rushing”.


Enjoy Him.


AND LET HIM ENJOY YOU.❤️

No comments: